Skip to main content

Production Blog: Getting started

 Hey, blog! It's me again! After my partner and I planned out our story our next step was to begin filming. Before this happened I wanted to clear my schedule and find places to meet and discuss our further filming process. I started by formatting my schoolwork and my soccer schedule. With my season about to end, it wasn't very difficult to fit time. However, my partner also had practices of her own so I managed to work around that. After planning out this schedule we were mainly free on Fridays and over the weekend. Mondays were also not as busy as the rest of the week. When I picked the days I also added a layout so that on every day that we met up we would work on a different section of the project. This way the work would be balanced. I also split the work among each other. 


    My partner and I haven't fully discussed any section of the filming process just yet. Our first meeting will be in a week from now. My goal for this project is to stay on task and maintain the schedule we planned out. I hope you stay with us for our filming process to begin. I am very excited to begin and present you with ur short film. Until next time! Karina logging off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Comparing Le Jetee, the short, and 12 Monkeys, the full-length movie

     Hey, blog! It's me again, today, I'll be comparing a short and a full-length film for my research. I'll be examining La Jetée and 12 Monkeys .      I watched a video that compares 12 Monkeys and La Jetée , and it discussed how the feature film naturally extends the short, building on the original ideas. The video also touched on how both films explore the inevitability of certain events.  In La Jetée , the short film, the protagonist is caught in a loop, unable to change the outcome. In contrast, 12 Monkeys takes this concept further, with the main character attempting to prevent a catastrophic event. The way time is portrayed in both films is crucial to their themes, and the video highlights how this theme is central to both works. The video also showed me how manipulating time plays a critical role in storytelling. Time travel is a central theme in both films, but La Jetée uses photography to reinforce the unchanging nature of time, while 12...