Skip to main content

Movie conventions research: knives out


 Hey blog! It’s me again, I will be talking about another movie, this movie is called Knives Out, and this movie came out in 2018.


Elements that were shown in Knives Out that we will be using in our final task will be the sense of suspense and tension, other elements would be plot twists, red herrings, flashbacks, a whodunit type of structure, and just in general the visual style of the film, like the angles that will be taken, the music we decide to use in the film and also the script that will be set up to create the mood.Some convections of mystery that I liked within the movie were the whodunit structure because the movie provides clues, red herrings, and misdirection, making me feel like I was part of the movie too, and I was trying to solve the mystery. Another convection I really enjoy would be the clever plot twist the movie had because even if I thought I knew who did the crime, it took a whole different direction and I was left speechless.




A convection I did not like within this movie was the tone it gave off, the tone the movie gave off was very sarcastic, and it had witty jokes, which I believe took away from the serious tone of the movie that makes people hooked because they do not know what to expect but with a more jokingly type of tone, it makes the audience feel more relaxed. Which I would not like to do in the film, I want to keep it in a more serious, tone


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

title research: panic room

 Welcome back. Today the research we’ve learned is being used to break down an opening sequence. The movie being used is Panic Room. Let’s get into this.  The titles displayed are as follows: presented by, production, actors (biggest stars), movie title, actors , casting ,costume designer, music by, film editors, produced by, written by and directed by. The titles were show in the building and background of New York also working as an establishing shot. Creating the setting and feeling for the movie. The opening creates a feeling that is unaware of what is to occur. The titles presents the opening as though everything is fine and normal.