Skip to main content

Production Blog: iMovie saves the day

 Hey blog! Welcome back. Today I will be resuming the editing journey. I am using the app capcut. In my  previous blog I mentioned how  my capcut began to lag at the worst timing and I decided to let the app rest. Today I will be opening the app again hoping it stopped. As I opened the app the app was unfortunately still lagging. In order to continue on and not waste more time I decided to go to my back-up editing app which was iMovie. I had to redownload iMovie on my desktop and transfer my videos and photos onto my computer. I multitasked and proceeded to do this. After this worked I proceeded on trimming all over again. My film reach the designated time and then I continued onto the harder editing sections. I was rushing this process because I had to let my partner also edit the film and she needed it by tomorrow. After redoing everything I did on capcut before I did the final step I as missing before the app lagged out. This final part was the text of the first two minutes of our film including our filming production, director, and cast. This process took me about an  hour and thirty to do because I had to find the perfect font for the genre of our film. As I began to finish I received a text from my partner requesting for permission to edit the film. As I finished up I began to send the film over to my partner. The next day she finalized the film and confirmed the film was officially finalized.  We decided to view the final film together and we were satisfied with our work. That's it for today blog! Until next time. I hope when you view our film you enjoy it as much as we did. Karina logging off. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

title research: panic room

 Welcome back. Today the research we’ve learned is being used to break down an opening sequence. The movie being used is Panic Room. Let’s get into this.  The titles displayed are as follows: presented by, production, actors (biggest stars), movie title, actors , casting ,costume designer, music by, film editors, produced by, written by and directed by. The titles were show in the building and background of New York also working as an establishing shot. Creating the setting and feeling for the movie. The opening creates a feeling that is unaware of what is to occur. The titles presents the opening as though everything is fine and normal.