Skip to main content

Production Blog: Reunited with CapCut

 Hey blog! Its me again. Today I will invite you to join my journey on editing. Since I took AS level last year I have several experience with editing. My regular app for editing is capcut, so lets get started. To begin I asked my partner for the film she had because we had originally filmed on her phone. After I received the videos and photos I proceeded to add it in order slowly since I know capcut begins to lag after a certain point which had me second guessing on using this app, however I decided to continue on this. As stated before I started off by adding the videos one by one onto the app in order. After they were all added I trim the scenes so the film could run smoothly and so we could make sure our film was within the time limit. After doing this the film concluded in a time of four minutes and 55 seconds. I then proceeded to add the feature we thought about as we filmed. During the filming process we realized when the mute kid was writing on paper the audience wasn't able to see what she was writing. Because of this we thought about making a split screen where you can see the child from the front and where you can see an over the shoulder/  high angle of the child writing.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

critical creative reflection

     In this music video I have learned a lot from my groupmate's and technology. The process wasnt easy but it was done. In our music video my group and I decided to challenge the conventions. In the genre most of it follows what the song is saying or shows two scenes but goes back and forth. In our music video we made a script in which we acted out what the song felt like for us. One meaning we had of the song was drifting apart from a relationship and learning to let go, the other was realizing your actions and feeling guilt after. An issue this music video represented was jealousy and how it can come over your actions. The girl (maddie) realized that her friend and boyfriend were cheating behind her back and she took action by drowning the girl. A group this video could affect would be jealous people or people who cheat and lead people on. It could help them to understand how their actions can really affect people from the other side and be considerate. This music vid...

Our Pitch

 Pitch A:  three friends get a ride home, one still waits. Who is the man that picks her up? Pitch B: Two friends get lost in a mirror maze but they see death in their reflection For pitch A it would be really interesting filming this, I believe that it would be easier filming this than pitch b. This film would be filmed at night because it adds more of a dangerous tension to the film. What I do not enjoy about this film is that its a basic storyline where the person gets kidnapped by a random car ride. On the other hand pitch b is more unique and creates a better tension. Also choosing a location to film this would be difficult as well. Pitch B would be a really fun film to be filmed. It would take place at a carnival and there will be a killer. We found this pitch be very unique compared to our first. This film would include a lot of tone and facial expressions when being filmed. The only bad thing about this film is that it may be difficult to film due to different availabl...

production blog: time to start acting

 Hey blog! its me again, today I will be talking about how my group and I worked on our project on Tuesday. I got dropped off at my friends house so the filming could begin. My group and I shot some scenes that needed to be filmed inside for about 30 minutes. After a while I asked if the video would be done today and my groupmate Maddie said that she would be busy after 4. This became a problem because one of our scenes is during sunset, which sets a certain mood to the audience when watching. After resolving that out we began to walk to the beach to continued filming. Once they reached the beached they recommended recording the scene off the sand First. it started off with us filming walking scenes mixed with facial expressions. After filming a few of those scenes I realized when we film the water scenes we will not have enough time to record the sand scenes in time. So I told my group that we should begin on that. So after some talking my groupmates agreed. In one of the shots th...