Skip to main content

Other info for Short Film


 Hye blog! it's me again! Today I will be talking about certain information that is important for our short film!

Location & Props 

We have decided that we will film at my house. This will be the primary setting and where the whole short will take place. We will close the curtains to make sure that our area still gives an old, eerie vibe. 

We will use a photobook. This book will be created prior to the filming day. We will use actual photos of Lana and Amanee in order to make it feel more realistic and add to the major plot twist. 

Participants & Costumes 

For this short we have casted 3 people: 

  • Riley – the babysitter. She will be in casual, teenage clothes to fit her role. 

  • Lana – the child. She will be child-like clothes. The costumes in our film will not be a part of the scare factor. 

  • Amanee – Lana’s sister. She will be in darker, casual clothes, as she is the evil Riley is being warned about. 

Health & Safety 

In order to ensure safety, every participant will carry their cellphone. This way they have access to a flashlight and emergency contacts if anything were to go wrong. 

Also, for every minor involved, we will communicate with their parents to ensure they know where we are at all times. 

We will not be consuming any food or drinks for this short. 

Back-up 

If either of our filming days do not work, we will make them up the following Sunday. 

If any participants are to back out, we have two other people (Izzy and Lola) ready to fill in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Production blog: Filming

 Hey blog! its me again. Quick update, my soccer team made it to semi-final regionals. My group and I met up at Maddie's house to get ready to go to the carnival. I brought all of the props that were needed for the film. Once we arrived at the carnival we decided who films when. I filmed every clip i was not in. It was very difficult to distribute the filming time within each other. The first scene I filmed was a tracking shot. I was standing behind the character and followed them. As this shot was going on it was also an over the shoulder shot. This helped the audience understand it is from a certain perspective of the stalker following the girls. The next scene i filmed was a low angle. I filmed the shoes running on the grass. The final scene i was able to film was following one of the characters after getting seperated from her friend. This scene was also a tracking shot. In this scene the friend was worried looking around and making lots of confused movements. I made sure to ca...