Skip to main content

Group blog for short film

 Hey blog welcome back! Today I will write a blog about my partner I will be working with for my project. I am currently taking A-level media and have a new groupmate. The reason for new groupmates is that my old ones did not continue to take media studies. To introduce my new groupmate, her name is Mariana Wright. I have known Mariana for a while because we went to the same middle school and had other classes together. I decided to work with her because I saw how good of a job she did last year at the AS level and wanted to share ideas with her. Also, I believe working with Mariana would be good because she is very easy to communicate with and also a hard-working person. Along with this, she is also a really fun person to be around. So not only will our project have a good outcome but we will also have fun in the process. Once we began to talk about it we had no clue who we were both going to be working with which is when we decided to work together. We instantly clicked with ideas and began brainstorming on the spot. We were into the same genres and agreed on a genre for our short film there and then. I'm very excited to begin this project with my new partner because of how suddenly we clicked. I can not wait to see and for you guys to see the finalization of our project. I'm happy to be sharing our filming process and experience with you guys. Whether it is a rough or smooth patch, I see a very bright outcome.


That pretty much wraps it up for today's blog! Until next time. Karina logging off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Production blog: Filming

 Hey blog! its me again. Quick update, my soccer team made it to semi-final regionals. My group and I met up at Maddie's house to get ready to go to the carnival. I brought all of the props that were needed for the film. Once we arrived at the carnival we decided who films when. I filmed every clip i was not in. It was very difficult to distribute the filming time within each other. The first scene I filmed was a tracking shot. I was standing behind the character and followed them. As this shot was going on it was also an over the shoulder shot. This helped the audience understand it is from a certain perspective of the stalker following the girls. The next scene i filmed was a low angle. I filmed the shoes running on the grass. The final scene i was able to film was following one of the characters after getting seperated from her friend. This scene was also a tracking shot. In this scene the friend was worried looking around and making lots of confused movements. I made sure to ca...