Skip to main content

Production blog: Film review changes


 Hey blog! its me again. Today I will be talking about the changes I made from the film review. To start, after my siblings reviewed the film my group and I quickly changed the volume of the music in certain areas so the audience can focus more on the dialogue. After this we changed the timing and size of the fonts, believe me they looked way better than before. Another thing we changed wads the type of music we used for the running and suspense scenes. Honestly after fixing these toucheses there and there the film reached our satisfaction and overall we are proud. Other changes that were made to the film besides editing was when we first got to the carnival. We planned to stick to the storyboard, but it didn't work out entirely. When we first arrived we got stopped by a motorcycle meet up which caused a huge delay. Purchasing the tickets and wrist bands was NOT with an actual person, it was digital, so we had to improvise the opening of the film. Along with improvising, we had to also improvise another split up. What I mean by this is that originally me and my friend were suppose to get split up in the mirror maze. Once my group and I arrived at that mirror maze there were a lot  of kids in there and we were being rushed to go through it. My group and I basically got kicked out of the mirror maze and did not have time to film in there. After exiting we brainstormed to find an alternative idea to this. I ended up recommending a whole idea about one getting on a ride and the other thinking her friend was behind her the whole time but wasn't and got captured by the kidnapper. It was difficult to get this idea fully in set but we managed to work with what we could. This was probably the biggest change we made because it interfered with our pitch. Although we hit this rough patch we managed to work with it. Another change was adding voice overs. Originally we weren't going to add them and hoped the camera would catch onto our voice. Unfortunately it did not and we had to add voice overs, which was a difficult process. That's it for today blog! Until next time. Karina logging off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Comparing Le Jetee, the short, and 12 Monkeys, the full-length movie

     Hey, blog! It's me again, today, I'll be comparing a short and a full-length film for my research. I'll be examining La Jetée and 12 Monkeys .      I watched a video that compares 12 Monkeys and La Jetée , and it discussed how the feature film naturally extends the short, building on the original ideas. The video also touched on how both films explore the inevitability of certain events.  In La Jetée , the short film, the protagonist is caught in a loop, unable to change the outcome. In contrast, 12 Monkeys takes this concept further, with the main character attempting to prevent a catastrophic event. The way time is portrayed in both films is crucial to their themes, and the video highlights how this theme is central to both works. The video also showed me how manipulating time plays a critical role in storytelling. Time travel is a central theme in both films, but La Jetée uses photography to reinforce the unchanging nature of time, while 12...