Skip to main content

production blog: acting in the film


 Hey blog! its me again. During the filming process I was in the film. I was in at least a minute and 15 seconds of the film. It took many tries for me to get certain facial expressions and movements down. An important part of film is facial expressions and body language because it can help guide the audience on the feeling of the character and setting. Due to learning these actions in the moment it took several tries to get the clip down. I kept on messing up and couldn't keep it serious. After awhile I started to adjust to the expressions that were needed. This helped a lot because it was quicker to film and  made it look more natural. Along with this I also talked in the film. The script was improvised in one scene because it had many mess ups. For my first long talking scene it took me at least 8 tries to get it down even though i practiced before. Besides that scene i got my script down for the most part. The script was definitely easier than the facial expressions and body language. I can say with the amount of acting that was being down it was a slow process but you can adapt to it quickly. The motivation and help my groupmates gave me during the process was also helpful. I also helped them because they acted as well. The hardest scene for me to be in was the 30 seconds talking scene and the close ups because it was difficult at times for the camera to be close. While I filmed it became frustrating when people would get into our shots and I would have to refilm. This was probably the most difficult part of filming in a crowded area. The voices also were difficult to hear but that's for another day. That's it for today blog! until next time. Karina logging off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

title research: panic room

 Welcome back. Today the research we’ve learned is being used to break down an opening sequence. The movie being used is Panic Room. Let’s get into this.  The titles displayed are as follows: presented by, production, actors (biggest stars), movie title, actors , casting ,costume designer, music by, film editors, produced by, written by and directed by. The titles were show in the building and background of New York also working as an establishing shot. Creating the setting and feeling for the movie. The opening creates a feeling that is unaware of what is to occur. The titles presents the opening as though everything is fine and normal.