Skip to main content

Movie conventions research: The black phone

    Hey blog! it’s me again, today I will be talking about my genre, mystery, and the elements that are in this genre. I will also be talking about my likes and dislikes on these elements. 

    

    In this genre some of the elements are suspense, realistic plot, foreshadowing, a villain who is usually not assumed to be the villain, and a resolution. these conventions really bring out to the audience that this is a mystery movie. First were going to start off with my likes.

 

        In mystery some of my favorite conventions are suspense, and the realistic plot. My all-time favorite is when you don't know who the villain is, and it turns out to be someone who you never suspected. I enjoy these because when they connect it really makes you think throughout the whole movies but not in a bad way. Now that we have discussed my likes with this genre, less talk about my dislikes.

 

    let’s start off with, the foreshadowing. The foreshadowing shows a lot of prediction, although this would be one of my least dislikes because I like the connection it makes with the end and the beginning. Another thing I do not like is when the resolution isn't exactly a resolution, and they end it off with a cliff hanger. 

    


    Thats it for today blog! until next time. Karina logging off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group blog for music video

       Hey blog! its me again. I will be starting my music video soon. Firstly I would like to introduce my group. I will be working with Madeline Merrick and Makenna Ricks. I choose to work with them because were able to go places to film and work on the project. I call Madeline maddie, and i met her at soccer. I met her when i was about 6 years old. We have played soccer together since then. I met Makenna in the 6th grade. We went to the same middle school, Maddie also went to the same middle school.  I also selected these people because we tend to work well together. The song we selected was "Are we still friends" by Tyler The Creator. This was chosen and agreed by all of us. It started off with a list of songs and slowly started to select some out, we pictured a video with the song and listened to the song carefully. We crossed some off because they didn't fit exactly what we were looking for. We made a group call and listened to each song together and gave ...

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

title research: panic room

 Welcome back. Today the research we’ve learned is being used to break down an opening sequence. The movie being used is Panic Room. Let’s get into this.  The titles displayed are as follows: presented by, production, actors (biggest stars), movie title, actors , casting ,costume designer, music by, film editors, produced by, written by and directed by. The titles were show in the building and background of New York also working as an establishing shot. Creating the setting and feeling for the movie. The opening creates a feeling that is unaware of what is to occur. The titles presents the opening as though everything is fine and normal.