Skip to main content

Production blog: blueprint to the music video


     Hey blog! its me again, quick update on life, I made the school soccer team! Anyways lets get started on this process.
( my group mates and I after planning)

On PSD Day my group and I went to Madeline’s house to work and start on our music video during this process I handle describing the song choice to my partners and decided where the song should begin and end. after I established the beginning and end my groupmates thought of ideas while I was getting the sound of the song to my camera roll so it would be easier to access when editing the video. On this day my group and I pictured the scenes in our heads while the song was playing in the background, I realized that it wasn't going to fit all in because there are too many details that were very unnecessary. Therefore, I brainstormed ideas to my group about how to make it shorter but also the same. After a while they agreed, and we on this same day I requested to shoot one scene to see how it looks with the song in this process. I was the one who recorded the zoom in clip to the biggest plot in the scene. After shooting all the scenes I edited those few clips together and added the song. I did this on capcut since it seemed to be the easiest way at the moment, either way it was a rough draft. After finishing up i should the result to my group mates who then decided if this was the official plan of not and they agreed. I then saved the video in my drafts on Capcut and got picked up from her house. The next day at school i put on my headphones and listened to some music to pass by time, that's when i heard this song, i realized that the first minute and thirteen sec onds fit perfectly without the idea my group had in mind. I couldn't decide if i wanted to keep the song that was already chosen or to change it to the new song. It was a very difficult choice, but the decision became final, I decided to keep the old song. I described my idea to my group about the song and they believed it was nice but my group mates also believed the song we chose is alright. That's it for today blog! talk to you later. I hope you enjoy the idea as much as I do. Talk to you later. Karina logging off.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Hello everyone,     Welcome back to another blog! Today, I will be discussing with you our websites on title research. The title design in opening sequences is extremely important. So, it’s equally as important to properly plan. Because of this, my group has made sure to use the best websites to research our titles and title research. The two websites I have chosen for this research are http://www.artofthetitle.com/ and http://www.watchthetitles.com/. These websites are really good for many reasons. The first is that art of the Title website has movies from around the world, which is really good for variety and helps to research broader styles and genres.     Additionally, the site features title designs of film, television, conference, and video game industries. Again, this is very good for a broad selection. The other website, Watchthetitles.com, has over 200 title sequences, along with video interviews, and articles about movie titles. They are both great we...

Comparing Le Jetee, the short, and 12 Monkeys, the full-length movie

     Hey, blog! It's me again, today, I'll be comparing a short and a full-length film for my research. I'll be examining La Jetée and 12 Monkeys .      I watched a video that compares 12 Monkeys and La Jetée , and it discussed how the feature film naturally extends the short, building on the original ideas. The video also touched on how both films explore the inevitability of certain events.  In La Jetée , the short film, the protagonist is caught in a loop, unable to change the outcome. In contrast, 12 Monkeys takes this concept further, with the main character attempting to prevent a catastrophic event. The way time is portrayed in both films is crucial to their themes, and the video highlights how this theme is central to both works. The video also showed me how manipulating time plays a critical role in storytelling. Time travel is a central theme in both films, but La Jetée uses photography to reinforce the unchanging nature of time, while 12...

Production blog: Filming

 Hey blog! its me again. Quick update, my soccer team made it to semi-final regionals. My group and I met up at Maddie's house to get ready to go to the carnival. I brought all of the props that were needed for the film. Once we arrived at the carnival we decided who films when. I filmed every clip i was not in. It was very difficult to distribute the filming time within each other. The first scene I filmed was a tracking shot. I was standing behind the character and followed them. As this shot was going on it was also an over the shoulder shot. This helped the audience understand it is from a certain perspective of the stalker following the girls. The next scene i filmed was a low angle. I filmed the shoes running on the grass. The final scene i was able to film was following one of the characters after getting seperated from her friend. This scene was also a tracking shot. In this scene the friend was worried looking around and making lots of confused movements. I made sure to ca...